9.1.2 Operating on the Region
Once you have created an active region, you can do many things to
the text in it:
- Kill it with C-w (see Killing).
- Save it in a register with C-x r s (see Registers).
- Save it in a buffer or a file (see Accumulating Text).
- Convert case with C-x C-l or C-x C-u
- Evaluate it as Lisp code with M-x eval-region (see Lisp Eval).
- Fill it as text with M-q (see Filling).
- Print hardcopy with M-x print-region (see Hardcopy).
- Indent it with C-x TAB or C-M-\ (see Indentation).